30/10/2011

Karon beach

25/10/11-28/10/11

A change of scenery as I moved to the west coast of the island for a few days to Karon beach, the resort just below the infamous one of Patong. My plan here was just to relax for a few days and that’s exactly what I did. My daily routine whilst here was to wake up late before heading down to the beach to spend the afternoon relaxing on a bed under an umbrella. The sand here is white and makes an audible squeaking noise when you walk on it, whilst the sea is clear and shallow so you can walk quite far out. In the evenings I took a walk along the front just to get some exercise. On the first night I lightning storm was happening in the distance over the sea so I stop off to watch its display whilst in the background there was the constant noise of the waves breaking.

My only problem was the on-going flood situation in Bangkok which was getting worst every day. When on Thursday the city was told to evacuate certain areas I tried desperately to delay my flight to Bangkok without any success, in the end I decided to ditch the flight and change my travel plans. With Bangkok turning into a no go zone I instead decided to travel down to Singapore to catch a flight from there before I head to Perth. My last week in Asia wouldn’t be spent in Thailand as I originally planned, I going to go to two new countries instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment