18/09/2011

Final countdown!

Right have just booked my seat online so that can only mean one thing - it's less than 24 hours till my flight departures!

Currently I have hundreds of thoughts flying through my head; I know I am going to struggle to sleep tonight. After waiting so long for this day I can't believe it has finally come around. Been dreaming about doing this trip for so long, I think the idea first appealed to me when I was back at secondary school, especially after a school trip to Russia. It was the first time I think I had ever experienced culture shock, the freezing conditions (-22 at the lowest!) and the backwards nature of Russia, it felt like you were stepping back in time. This whole experience spurred on my want to travel, to discover new places and to challenge my senses. Now I am less than 24 hours away from beginning my round the world journey.


Anyway I better try to relax and get some sleep; tomorrow the next chapter in my life begins. I'll leave you with this quote which really rings true to me - “The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment